David’s Fish-tastic Fritto Misto
Our Head Chef, David Hall, is back with another Fry-day night fish special.
This week, he will have your tastebuds hooked with his fish-tastic recipe for fritto misto served with a tangy miso mayonnaise and dusted with firey togarashi spice. Yummy.
Don’t forget to head over to our Instagram page (@TheFishHotel) to share your off the scale snaps.
- 100g plain flour
- 60g Cornflour
- 30g fine polenta
- 14g salt
- 6g garlic salt
- 3g smoked paprika
Weigh and mix together, then pop to one side until you’re ready to fry your fish.
- 100g mayonnaise
- 40g white miso
- A squeeze of lemon to taste
Mix all ingredients together and then dust the top with togarashi, a Japanese spice blend. Serve on the side with a lemon wedge.
Prepping your fish
- Prep whichever fish you like, David is using salmon, hake, mussels and squid.
- Ensure you cut your fish to the same thickness, this means that they will all cook at the same time.
- Next bring your oil to 180 degrees.
- Mix the fish into the flour and then carefully drop into the oil.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes until your fish cooked, then remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper
- Garnish with fresh dill and serve with a lemon wedge and your miso mayonnaise.
BACK TO BLOG