We’re on the look out for a Sous Chef or Pastry Sous Chef at Farncombe Estate. Tucked into the beautiful woodlands on our 600-acre Cotswolds Estate, “Hook by Martin Burge” at The Fish Hotel is a 2 AA rosette restaurant, part of our 4 AA red starred hotel. Here we stunning, sustainable Cornish seafood in a luxurious, peaceful setting on our hill.
You’ll help lead a team of hard working, friendly and organised chefs. Our kitchen boasts excellent ongoing investment and high quality equipment, which makes for a great work and learning environment. We work with amazing ingredients and suppliers, and have a great passion for sustainability and responsible sourcing.
The restaurant is overseen by longstanding Head Chef Richard Thorpe and Executive Head Chef David Hall (ex Masterchef the Professionals), who will ensure that you learn, develop and flourish on the Estate.
If you’ve had experience of working in high quality, similar sized kitchens at a Sous Chef level previously, we’d love to hear from you.
We offer a salary package of just under £40,000 per year (£36,192 basic, plus around £3,000-£3,500 per year in service charge). We can also offer live in accommodation at £256 per month including bills, just 5 minutes walk from the restaurant. Our 600 acre Estate of three award-winning hotels and kitchens (including Foxhill Manor and Dormy House) is the perfect place to develop and learn and we regularly promote chefs across the estate to help boost their learning and career development.
We also offer a raft of excellent benefits including:
* 30 days holiday per year (rising to 35 after 5 years)
* Enhanced pension
* Critical illness cover and Company sick pay
* A celebration birthday lunch in one of the hotels, on us!
* Access to private counselling, onsite mental health first aiders, and an employee assistance programme from Hospitality Action
* Hundreds of High Street discounts and a cash back card via Hospitality Rewards
* Estate discounts on dining, stays, wine, spa products and more
* Wow reward scheme – £1000 towards a holiday of your choice
* £1000 when you successfully refer a friend
* Premium payments for Christmas and New Year shifts
* A healthcare cash plan
* Free, in-person financial planning advice
* Broad ranging careers in all the usual hotel departments and a few you wouldn’t expect…like our adventure team
* Fully funded apprenticeships for all employees
* Leadership coaching and development for managers
* Paid volunteering opportunities in the local community
If this sounds like your ideal next move, and you would like to discuss this role or any other opportunities on our 600 acre estate, then please apply or send over your CV to email@example.com
Unfortunately we can only accept applications from candidates with a current and valid right to work in the UK.