We are currently recruiting for a Linen Porter to join our hard working housekeeping team at The Fish, one of the award winning hotels on Farncombe Estate. Our 600-acre Estate is set on a beautiful hillside just above Broadway and is the perfect place to develop and learn.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the linen used throughout the hotel is processed through from our centralised laundry hub and distributed as needed, that stock levels remain as they should be, and that stocks of other items that we use within the rooms are ordered, organised and distributed effectively and efficiently. We offer just under 70 rooms throughout our luxurious yet rustic woodland setting, including treehouses, cabins, shepherds huts as well as more traditional hotel rooms. All are designed individually and in a beautiful, contemporary yet cosy style.
The role is based in and around The Fish Hotel, and is a permanent 40 hour per week contract (usually working from 8am). This will be 5 days of the week and **will include weekends** . Ideally you will have some previous housekeeping experience but full training will be provided.
We are members of the Hoteliers Charter, and are committed to providing a workplace built on respect, fairness, equality, diversity and opportunity, and to putting wellness and career development at the heart of what we do. We offer £11 per hour, plus tips (around an extra £2,500 per year approx), meals on duty and uniform.
We also offer a raft of excellent benefits including:
* Pro rata of 30 days holiday per year (rising to 35 after 5 years)
* Enhanced pension
* Critical illness cover and Company sick pay
* A celebration birthday lunch in one of the hotels, on us!
* Access to private counselling, onsite mental health first aiders, and an employee assistance programme from Hospitality Action
* Hundreds of High Street discounts and a cash back card via Hospitality Rewards
* Estate discounts on dining, stays, wine, spa products and more
* Wow reward scheme – £1000 towards a holiday of your choice
* Up to £1000 when you successfully refer a friend
* Premium payments for Christmas and New Year shifts
* A healthcare cash plan
* Free, in-person financial planning advice
* Broad ranging careers in all the usual hotel departments and a few you wouldn’t expect…like our adventure team
* Fully funded apprenticeships for all employees
* Leadership coaching and development for managers
* Paid volunteering opportunities in the local community
Due to our rural location, ** you will require your own transport (WR12 7LJ) **
If this sounds like your ideal next move then we look forward to hearing from you! Either apply here or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately we can only accept applications from candidates with a current and valid right to work in the UK.