We are searching for a superstar Porter to join our fantastic Front of House team at The Fish, one of the award winning hotels on Farncombe Estate. Our 600-acre Estate is set on a beautiful hillside just above Broadway and is the perfect place to develop and learn.
Our Porters are responsible for supporting the smooth running of The Fish Hotel’s reception, taking care of the logistics surrounding our guests’ stays, ensuring they have a high quality, memorable experience with us from start to finish. You will be responsible for preparing special requests in rooms, helping greet guests, taking care of luggage, assisting guests in the front of house areas and responding professionally and quickly to the reception team’s requests.
The role is based in The Fish Hotel, and is a 40 hour per week contract (working 8 hour shifts plus 1/2 hour unpaid lunch break). Shifts will be a variety of early, daytime and evening shifts. This will be 5 days of the week and will usually include weekends.
*Please note we will also consider short term candidates for this role*
The ideal candidate for us:
* An “all rounder” who enjoys hands on tasks and completing them to a very high standard
* Friendly and helpful by nature, someone who enjoys being the perfect host and making guests feel at ease
* Organised and efficient, able to manage the day’s workload
* Comfortable working in a busy and sometimes high pressure environment
* A true team player, communicating clearly and professionally with everyone they encounter
* Holds a full, clean UK driving license as driving is a big part of this role
We offer £11 per hour, plus service charge (around £2,000-£2,500 per year). Meals on duty and uniform are provided.
We also offer a raft of excellent benefits including:
* 30 days holiday per year (rising to 35 after 5 years)
* Enhanced pension
* Critical illness cover and Company sick pay
* A celebration birthday lunch in one of the hotels, on us!
* Access to private counselling, onsite mental health first aiders, and an employee assistance programme from Hospitality Action
* Hundreds of High Street discounts and a cash back card via Hospitality Rewards
* Estate discounts on dining, stays, wine, spa products and more
* Wow reward scheme – £1000 towards a holiday of your choice
* £1000 when you successfully refer a friend
* Premium payments for Christmas and New Year shifts
* A healthcare cash plan
* Free, in-person financial planning advice
* Broad ranging careers in all the usual hotel departments and a few you wouldn’t expect…like our adventure team
* Fully funded apprenticeships for all employees
* Leadership coaching and development for managers
* Paid volunteering opportunities in the local community
Due to our rural location, you will require your own transport (WR12 7LJ).
If this sounds like your ideal next move, and you would like to discuss this role or any other opportunities on our beautiful estate, then please apply or send over your CV to our People Team: email@example.com
Unfortunately we can only accept applications from candidates with a current and valid right to work in the UK and we do not offer sponsorship visas at this time.