This week dynamic Dormy duo, Ellie and Taylor, are back and showing you how to whip up some super tasty, healthy recipes at home. Say hello to their sensational steak supper, sirloin steak served with lean, green veggies and a side of punchy Romesco sauce.
We know what you’re thinking, Fitness Week? Steak? Red meat? Dormy you’re delusional.
But consumed in moderation, steak is packed with iron, vitamin B and protein which can help combat fatigue, strengthen bones & teeth and build muscle.
Served with a hearty helping of greens,and Ellie and Taylor’s tangy Romesco sauce makes this dish perfect for part of a healthy, balanced diet (oh and it’s absolutely delicious too).
How to serve up the perfect steak…
For this recipe you will need:
- 10oz sirloin steak
- 50g hazelnuts
- 200g green beans
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A splash of cherry vinegar
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- Firstly, roast your hazelnuts for 5 minutes in a non-stick frying pan.
- Whilst your hazelnuts are roasting, pop your peppers onto a tray and into a hot oven until the skins turn black.
- Then remove from the oven, and carefully rip out the stork and seeds, only keep the flesh of your pepper, you will use this to make your sauce.
- Pop the flesh of the pepper in a blender and add your smoked paprika, cherry vinegar, half your hazelnuts, salt and pepper.
- Blend the mixture until smooth then put in a pot and leave to one side whilst you prepare your veggies and steak.
- Next, blanch your green beans and asparagus in salted, boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Pre-heat your frying pan on the highest heat and trim any exess fat off your steak before cooking.
- Then season both sides heavily and cook according to your preference (for a medium rare steak cook for 2 ½ minutes on each side).
- Once cooked, remove from the frying pan and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Whilst your steak is resting, in a frying pan on a low heat, toss your green beans with the remaining hazelnuts.
- Then it’s time to serve. Enjoy!
BACK TO BLOG