Bash vs. Blanchard
This week the cloves are off as dynamic Dormy duo, Kathyrn Bash and Matthieu Blanchard, return for another head (Chef) to head (Chef) challenge.
For this challenge they’re celebrating National Garlic Day with two recipes you will just c-love.
Bash has taken a walk on the wild side, with her gorgeously green wild garlic soup served with chunks of crusty bread, whereas Matt has gone for an old-school fave, the classic garlic bread!
Let the battle of the bulbs begin! Head over to our Instagram (@DormyHouse) to cast your vote.
Bash’s Wild Garlic Soup
Jam-packed with fresh and gorgeously green wild garlic and perfectly complimented by handfuls of spinach and dollops of cream, this seasonal soup makes the perfect summer lunch, why not give it a go?!
2 white onions
3 garlic cloves
1 litre vegetable stock
500g wild garlic
- Firstly, get back to nature and go pick yourself some wild garlic, just like Bash!
- Next, dice your onions and place in a large pan with some oil.
- Add your garlic and sweat until softened.
- Then add your stock and bring to the boil.
- Once boiled, remove from the heat and add your wild garlic.
- Then cover with your stock and leave to wilt for a couple of minutes.
- Pop into your blender and combine the ingredients.
- Then in a small pan, bring your cream to the boil and then add to your mix in the blender.
- Whilst blending, add your spinach, this help keep the soup gorgeously green.
- Once blended, season with salt to taste.
- To serve, chop some chives and sprinkle onto the top of your big ole bowl of soup.
- Then pop a hearty blob of crème fraiche on with some lemon zest and cracked black pepper.
- Then tuck in, enjoy your soup by itself, or with a side of warm, crusty bread (we know which we will be choosing!)
Mathieu’s Classic Garlic Bread
Y’all bready for this? Because for this week’s challenge Matt is showing you how to make his signature garlic bread.
Oozing with lashings of butter, dusted with fresh parsley and filled with clove upon clove of the good stuff, nothing quite beats a hearty helping of the old-school classic GB!
So whether you want a slice with your spag bol, a loaf with your lasagne or just want this sensational savoury treat solo, we know you will just c-love Matt’s recipe for homemade garlic bread.
400g bread flour
250g soft butter
100g chopped parsley
25g chopped garlic
B-ready, set, bake!
• Make a well with your dry ingredients and pour your liquid mixture into the middle.
• Start mixing your dry and wet ingredients together to form your dough.
• Work your dough for 5 minutes by hand, then place into a mixing bowl.
• Leave to prove for 45 minutes with a wet cloth covering the top of your mixing bowl.
• Once proven split your dough into two equal parts.
• With the first make a big roll and with the second shape into four small baguettes.
• Once shaped, prove your dough for a further 20 minutes before baking.
- Next brush your bread roll and baguettes with egg wash and cook at 200 degrees for 20 minutes, then turn down the heat to 160 degrees and continue to bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool down before adding your butter and cheese.
- When your bread has cooled to room temperature, slightly slice your bread and stuff with garlic butter and cheese.
- Finally, when you’re ready to eat your garlic bread, reheat in the oven at 160 degrees until your butter and cheese has completely melted.
- Tuck in and enjoy!
- To make your garlic butter firstly finely chop your parsley and garlic.
- Then mix your soft butter, garlic, parsley and salt together to form your beautiful butter.
BACK TO BLOG