David’s Fish Fry-days
This year our fab Head Chef, David Hall, is back and this time he is spicing up our Friday night suppers with some fish-tastic recipes.
Each week, he will be keeping you hooked with a tastebud tingling dish that you can try from the comfort of your own home.
On the menu this week, is David’s shrimply the best, Spanish gambas!
For this recipe you will need:
- 30g paprika
- 50g garlic powder
- 56g ginger powder
- 30g herbs de provence
- 14g chilli powder
- 10g cayenne pepper
- 24g salt
- 6g oregano
- 30g curry powder
- A bag of prawns
- Firstly, mix all the spices together.
- Then devein and butterfly your king prawns.
- Next toss your prawns into the spice mix.
- To cook your prawns, heat 1.5 inches of vegetable oil in a pan, then thinly slice the garlic and drop into the oil.
- When the garlic rises to the top and is golden, add three heaped tablespoons of spice mix into the oil and stir.
- Next add your king prawns, then take the pan off the heat and let the prawns cook in the spices for a couple of minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oil and leave for three minutes.
- Serve with a wedge of burnt lime and toasted sourdough to mop up the spicy juices.
BACK TO BLOG